Monday, November 3, 2008

This is Halloween...

I didn't get pumpkins before Halloween this year. Honestly this was pretty upsetting to me-probably 62 percent as upsetting as telling me that I can't have a Christmas tree before Christmas or 23 percent more upsetting than telling me I can't color Easter eggs before Easter. I'm a ridiculous person and these little traditions are the things I get excited about weeks before any given holiday. Anyway... so I didn't go pumpkin picking on Eastern Long Island this year, BUT I did get an awesome deal on some pumpkins the day after Halloween which made it all worth it, since I've really been really trying to save money. 10 dollars for 3 mediums, 2 gourds, and a biggie. That's a 34 dollar value according to Rosewood Gardens Nursery. They should consider making an infomercial. 

Chris carved the big pumpkin like a big scary skull...
And I tried to do the whole new 3d pumpkin carving thing in the design of a monstery moon face guy. And its not as easy as one would think. Pumpkins ARE NOT made out of clay.
This picture isn't a very good representation of my monster guy, so I can only assume that I should work on my photo skills a bit.

No comments: